Paul C. Ford was born in Boston, Massachusetts. He graduated with distinction, majoring in Literature at Colby College in Waterville, Maine. Shortly after his undergraduate studies, Mr. Ford resided, worked, and studied in Europe and North Africa for one (1) year, and Tokyo, Japan for two (2) years. Mr. Ford then graduated from Emory University School of Law, where he was an editor of the Emory University Law Review.
Prior to Paul C. Ford, LLC, Mr. Ford’s career history includes partnerships at prestigious law firms, namely Lee, Lynch, & Ford; Cofer, Beauchamp, Stradley & Hicks, LLP; and Smith, Gambrell & Russell. He was named a partner at Smith, Gambrell & Russell with a practice in the international and corporate area with a special concentration on assisting foreign companies and foreign investors establishing U.S. operations, as well as estate planning and administration.
Attorney Ford is a member of the American, Federal, Georgia, and Atlanta Bar Associations. He is also active in the International Transactions Section and International Business Sections of the Atlanta Bar Association and American Bar Association. He is a member of the International Council of the Atlanta Council of the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce and former member of the World Trade Club. He serves as an officer or corporate secretary of a number of U.S subsidiaries of foreign companies and is a member of the Atlanta Immigration Lawyers Association.
Mr. Ford’s practice focuses on international and corporate matters with special concentration on assisting foreign companies and foreign investor establishing U.S. operations, including mergers and acquisitions, tax and estate planning, estate administration, general corporate, commercial, and import/export transactions. Additionally, Attorney Ford provides representation for family-based immigration matters and select removal cases. With over three decades of legal practice in Atlanta, Mr. Ford has a strong reputation for excellent representation for foreign entities and individuals from around the world.
- International and Corporate Matters
Current Employment Positions
- Of Counsel
- Lee, Lynch, & Ford
- Cofer, Beauchamp, Stradley & Hicks, LLP
- Smith, Gambrell & Russell, Partner
- Georgia, 1978
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Georgia Bar Association, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, International Transactions Section, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, International Business Section, Member
- American Bar Association, International Transactions Section, Member
- American Bar Association, International Business Section, Member
- International Council of the Atlanta Council, Member
- Atlanta Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D - 1978
- Colby College
- B.A., - 1972
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Literature
- Member, Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
- Former Member, World Trade Club