Immigration law is a confusing and complex field of law.  This explains is why there are many questions for immigration lawyers each and every day. Have questions for an immigration lawyer, perhaps you will find yours amongst the six most commonly asked questions listed below:

What visa options are available for temporary stays?

If you plan to come to the United State for a brief time or seek entry for a certain amount of time, you need a non-immigrant visa such as a student visa or a business investor visa. If you are looking to simply come for a visit for something such as a vacation or visiting family, you will need a travel visa.

What type of visa do I need to get to become a permanent resident of the United States?

This depends greatly on your present situation as well as your present immigration status. There are numerous options for this sort of visa, such as family visas, work visas, and marriage visas.

Will my green card remain valid for a long time?

A green card, or permanent resident visa, gives freedoms for those wanting to live and gain employment in the US. Usually green cards come in two phases, one that last for about two years. When the two years is up and you have no criminal convictions and you still have eligibility status, you may then apply for a permanent residence visa, which is good for ten years.

After I get my green card, how do I receive my United States citizenship through naturalization?

After you have received your green card, you may obtain United States citizenship through the naturalization process. To become a citizen through naturalization you must to meet certain conditions.  An immigration lawyer can provide you with these conditions.

What do I do if my visa has expired?

If your visa has expired, the primary thing you should do is get in touch with an immigration lawyer. Acting quickly is vital to this situation.

What do I do if I receive a deportation order and how do I avoid being deported?

If you have been given a deportation notification, the first step to take is to contact an immigration lawyer. You can go from there to find out what your best options are with the help of an immigration lawyer.

At Lee Law Firm, we understand you have many questions and aren’t always sure where to turn to get the help you need. The good news is you don’t have to find answers on your own when it comes to questions for an immigration lawyer; call (404) 892-8300 to contact Lee Law Firm today.