Nobody can deny that the United States offers some amazing educational opportunities to a broad range of career fields. However, what about the USA student visa requirements? It is important to know that there is more than one kind of student visa for the USA. The most common is an F-1 visa. This form applies to those who wish to be a full time student at an accredited academic institution. The other student visa is an M-1 student visa for those desiring to be a vocational student.
Student Visa Requirements
Regardless of whether or not you are interested in an F-1 or M-1 student visa, if you wish to obtain an education in the United States you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a student attending a United States Federal Government-approved school, college, or university.
- You’ll need to prove that you have enough financial means to pay for all your expenses for your course of study and during your course of study in the United States without having to have a job while you are here.
- You should be able to comprehend and speak English.
- You’ll need to provide documents such as academic transcripts and information on your background.
- Also, you will need to be willing to undergo interviews with immigration official from the USA.
- You must apply and gain acceptance to the school, college, or university where you will be studying.
- You must fill out and submit the proper forms such as the Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Student Status). Also, submit Form I-94 (Arrival and Departure Record).
- Finally, you must pay any and all fees such as filing fees.
Student Visa Tips
Some helpful additional things to know for the process of obtaining a student visa would be:
- Have some recommendations and references on hand.
- Treat your interviews as job interviews and dress as respectable as possible.
- Try a few practice runs for possible interviews with someone available to help you.
- Build up your financial resources as much as possible before, during, and after applying for your student visa.
- Consider hiring an immigration lawyer to help you throughout the process to help you achieve your educational goals.
While this list may seem lengthy and extensive, proof may be required from you to prove that you meet all the requirements. Meeting the student visa requirements to enter the United States and get the education you want may not be as scary as you might imagine, especially if you have the help of an immigration attorney on your side to provide support and professional advice.
Need help with your USA student visa requirements? Call (404) 892-8300 to schedule a free consultation.